Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Some free time

       I had been waiting for this day for around two weeks. Here I was waving goodbye to Carson, Collin, and Bart loaded up with Bart's parents, Gene and Nancy. Off they went to Little Rock for a baseball game. Bart's fourth cousin (I think we figured this right) plays minor league baseball and they were playing in Little Rock. We decided it wouldn't be very enjoyable to keep Canton entertained during the game, so he and I stayed home.
      Wow! Almost 36 hours with only one child! I was so excited about some free time. Canton and I had a fun day, ran some errands, and he was peacefully rocked to sleep. But as the afternoon came along I wasn't sure what to do without the rest of our clan. I guess I never realized how totally my world revolves around my sweet boys. It's funny how they can completely wear me out or drive me crazy sometimes but when they were gone for less than two days I missed them so much!
     I posted the other day that I was hoping to read the book entitled Life, In Spite of Me. With all the free time I had while Bart and the big boys were gone I was able to finish the book. It was terrific!  It was an amazing story of a young girl who began struggling with depression after some traumatic things took place in her life. Her depression led to a suicide attempt which she survived only to be confined to a wheel chair. The story of her struggles and the way she came to know the Lord are so challenging. If you get the opportunity I would definitely suggest this book!
    Overall the weekend was great! I'm thankful that I got some free time but I was also very grateful to have the rest of my boys back!

No comments:

Post a Comment