Thursday, July 28, 2011

Circumstances

       As I lay in bed last night I started thinking about my day. The not so good mood I had been in, the way I let little things the boys were doing get on my my nerves. I've been blue lately because my best friend has moved to a town three hours away.  Overall,  just feeling down and sorry for myself.
    We are dog sitting while my parents are visiting family and on my mom's night stand I noticed a book. The title is Life, In Spite of Me by Kristen Jane Anderson. I read the back cover and the inside flap and without even reading anymore I began to feel convicted. The story is of a girl who had been through some very tough times and at the age of 17 attempted suicide only to survive and be confined to a wheelchair.
    Here I was feeling sorry for myself over things that are actually blessings. I am blessed to have three beautiful boys, and a best friend (no matter where she lives)! This reminded me that our joy is not to be influenced by our circumstances!!! No matter what is going on in my life, I have a savior who loves me and that is the only thing that matters!
   I'm looking forward to reading this book because I received such a blessing from simply reading the overview. I will let you know what else I learn!
Proverbs 17:22 - "A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones."

No comments:

Post a Comment