Monday, August 22, 2011

MOPS

         In July when we visited some family in Michigan, my cousin Sarah mentioned being involved in a MOPS group. I had heard of MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) before but wasn't familiar with how the group worked or what was involved. After talking with Sarah I thought it sounded like something I might enjoy being involved in. After we came home I looked online and found that there is a MOPS group that meets at First Baptist Tupelo and thought I might look into it a little more.
       A couple of weeks passed and I noticed that Sarah had visited Nashville for a MOPS convention. She said she had been thinking it would be neat if she met someone from the Tupelo group to tell them about me. Low and behold she ended up near the Tupelo group in the lunch line one day. She talked to them and found out when they would be meeting. She let me know the date and said I should check it out. When I called to get further info. the lady I spoke with had been one of those who met Sarah. I thought it was so cool how God worked that out!
        All that to say, I attended my first MOPS meeting on Thursday last week. I have to say this was stepping out of my comfort zone a little bit because I didn't know anyone else who would be there. But I thought it would be good for the boys to be around different people and give all of us a chance to make new friends. I was so thankful none of the boys cried when I left them in their rooms. I wasn't quite as nervous as I thought I'd be. I discovered I knew a couple of people and met a few more. Overall, it was nice to get out and try something new! The ladies who help lead the group seem terrific and I look forward to being involved! Thanks, Sarah!
      

No comments:

Post a Comment