Friday, July 22, 2011

Time Flies

      When I was a kid I spent a lot of time with a sweet lady from church, I lovingly called "Aunt Jane". Although she is no relation, I spent a lot of time at her home and even went on many outings with her.  Not long ago I took the boys and we paid Aunt Jane a visit. As I sat in her house visiting with her, watching my boys play and looking around at the house, it was like I was transported back in time. There I was as a kid sitting in the very same room! It felt like it was a few months ago rather than 20 years ago! It reminded me how quickly time flies! I know, I know, my parents have told me that for years.  All of a sudden I realized what they were talking about.
   The time has really flown since I had Carson. It seems like yesterday I was so excited to feed him cereal for the first time, to hear his first words, see his first steps. Now I'm looking forward to those things again not the second time but the third time around!! I guess all this to say,  I really want to remember that feeling I had sitting in Aunt Jane's living room. I want to remember that however long a day may seem that in reality the weeks are flying by.
       James 4:14 says, "Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes." Our life is like a mist or a vapor.  When my mist vanishes what will I be leaving behind? I pray that if I accomplish nothing else, that my life will point others to Christ!

1 comment:

  1. Love this post. Time DOES fly especially after you have kids. My best friend Christa had a baby a couple days ago and it just made me think about 10 years ago when we would sit in her room and dream about the day we would have children. And now we do!

    ReplyDelete