Saturday, September 3, 2011

Growing Up

     Collin has decided he is too big for the crib! I put him down for his nap yesterday and a few minutes later Bart asked if I had put him in the crib. "Yes" I said, his response, "well...he's out now!" Bart proceeded to put him back in and watch him cautiously climb out again. Of course he has stayed in the crib longer than Carson did which was nice. It made life much easier to let him sleep in there as long as he would. So we have been reminded what the wonderful world of the terrible two's is like. He seems to be a little quicker to fall asleep than Carson was at that age. The personality differences between those two are amazing! Collin has also just started opening doors in the past few weeks. So this afternoon after he had been asleep for a couple of hours I was startled to look up and see him standing in the kitchen. I remembered, "Oh yeah, he can get up by himself!" It seems like he was just learning to walk! I've heard people say that the days seem so long but the years so short. This seems so true lately. The months are flying by! Tonight as I checked in on each of the boys it was confirmed when I saw Collin sleeping in his "big boy bed".  Lord help me cherish these days and not rush through them, because all too soon it will be Canton in the big boy bed :(

1 comment:

  1. They grow so fast! And it is funny to see how different two of them can be. My girls are SO different already.

    ReplyDelete