Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Schoolwork

   Over the past few weeks I have been attempting to do some work with the boys, mostly fun stuff. We have been making a craft to go with letters of the alphabet, playing games with letters, and reading educational books. I generally try to trick them into learning, especially Carson, by doing fun activities. Discovering what exactly Carson knows if quite difficult for me. I haven't really done many workbooks with him because he is so active. So one day I was shocked to discover he had traced all his numbers in a dry erase activity book that he has. Then yesterday, I wrote his name and asked if he wanted to give it a try. He has attempted to write a C before and has difficulty knowing which direction it goes, which I think is pretty common, so he asked me to help him. I also helped him with the s. But the other letters he wrote on his own. I was SO excited! It's funny how much he knows that I don't even realize :-)
     Overall, doing schoolwork has been a challenge with a two year old and a five month old but the past two days have gone much smoother. Hopefully we are getting into a better routine and that will help! Here are pictures of some of our work.


No comments:

Post a Comment