Thursday, January 5, 2012

Back to normal!

    If you aren't a member of my family you probably haven't seen me in a couple of weeks. It's been crazy around our house lately! My last post covered the excitement that took place Christmas day. Well, New Year's definitely took the cake! Canton woke up at 12:30 with a stomach bug. By six a.m. he seemed much better only to be sick again that night. Monday morning he was not too spiffy when I got him out of bed. He had slept all night but seemed tired and really out of it. The pediatric clinic wasn't open so we ended up at the ER. It turned out that he needed IV fluids. After receiving several different test results he was cleared to go home.  Poor thing, he was pitiful and I didn't get a smile out of him for quite a while! It was Wednesday before he was really back to normal.

Don't worry the excitement doesn't end there!!

    Tuesday morning Bart wasn't feeling too hot so he ended up staying home from work. Trying to care for a sick husband and a sick baby plus handle two rambunctious little boys is no easy task! But we survived the day. I was happy to be able to stay home Tuesday night from my part-time job and it turned out to be arranged by God! Bart and Canton went to sleep early and the other boys were in bed by eight p.m. or so. I decided to quickly vacuum the living room while there was no one in it, ha!As I finished and had just turned off the vacuum I heard the bathroom faucet. I thought Bart had woken, but soon heard a blood curdling scream. I ran into the bathroom to find Collin holding his hand up to his mouth. As he looks up I realize there is blood, a lot of blood! His top teeth went completely through his bottom lip. As there was no other place open, another trip to the ER was in order. This trip was MUCH longer than Canton's visit. I am so thankful my mom tagged along because she entertained Collin very well! We left the ER about 12:30 with a little glue on his chin/lip and a very sleepy boy. The insane part is the next afternoon as we read a book just before nap time he managed to pull the glue almost completely off without me knowing! Our Pediatrician checked the ER report and discovered that it was merely superficial and didn't really require the glue so we thankfully didn't have to make ANOTHER trip to the Dr. :-)

We've had a few somewhat calm (as calm as it gets with three boys in the house) days and are so thankful that everyone is pretty much back to normal!! Still praying the stomach bug germs are not secretly lurking around our house waiting to attack those of us who haven't been bitten!

Getting all three boys together and still for a photo doesn't happen often!

No comments:

Post a Comment