Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Late for Dinner

    Having watched Christmas Vacation last week, that is one of the first things that comes to mind when I think about our Christmas. For those who haven't seen the movie, Clark always has all these big ideas or mental pictures of what he wants something to be like but something usually goes wrong. I didn't have any big activities planned but I still had planned out how I thought things would go. Well the day did not turn out like I pictured! The boys woke up about 6:30 and we read a story book about the birth of Jesus. By about 7:15 Collin had thrown up twice, not a very pleasant start to the day! Thankfully I have a wonderful husband who willingly cleaned up the mess and ran to Walgreen's to get Sprite! So the big question, is it a stomach virus?!? I was praying, literally, that it wasn't. We had been around tons of family members less than 12 hours before. If we started a bug that got passed around it would not be a fun Christmas! Well after a few hours we still didn't know what had caused the upheaval but Collin was back to normal, running and playing. So we decided that it would probably be ok to attend the family dinner at my Gramma's house especially since we had seen them all the night before lol! I made the call and said I wasn't sure what time, but we would be there. I never really heard a definite time but figured since church wouldn't be out until about noon that dinner would be closer to 1:00. Well there was quite a miscommunication.We arrived about 12:40 and were late for dinner and I didn't even realize it! My call had been understood as don't wait on us, which made perfect sense.  I usually think of myself as somewhat easy going and laid back. This was not one of my better days. In my sleep deprived, stressed out state I was offended and hurt when we arrived to just about everyone already seated and eating dinner. I'm embarrassed to say I caused some drama. Which thankfully we all were able to laugh about within a few minutes. It was a good reminder that things don't always go as you plan or hope but it's not the end of the world! The rest of the day was perfect and I'm so thankful for sweet family who can just ignore crazy irrational days that women have sometimes! Especially thankful for a Saviour who is never surprised by the way things turn out because He's in control!

No comments:

Post a Comment