Friday, January 27, 2012

Time is flying!

    It's been a while since I've posted. Things have been going much smoother since the first week in January which felt like chaos. I realized today as I took a 10 month picture of Canton how quickly the month has gone by! In the past week Canton has started pulling up and crawling in the traditional manner. For the past couple months he has been doing the "army crawl" and has mastered it! He had been up on his hands and knees rocking back and forth and today decided that must be the way to really get moving.
     Collin had a follow-up appointment today with a Pediatric Endocrinologist. Over the past 18 months his weight and height have been checked regularly because according to the growth charts he is below normal for his age. Our pediatrician first referred us to a Gastroenterologist and they tested for a couple things that can affect growth and nutrient absorption with the results being normal. He then referred us to an Endocrinologist who has done an x-ray to check Collin's "bone age" which was also normal. At our follow-up today his growth was minimal so they may perform a more invasive test to check his growth hormone levels after he turns three. But for today they just drew blood and will see him back in three months. I have very mixed emotions about the whole situation.  I really feel like there is absolutely nothing wrong with him but there is also that nagging thought that if he does have a growth hormone issue and it can be treated,  I would feel horrible if we didn't address it. At this point we will just keep encouraging him to eat and wait it out. For those of you who know me well know that waiting is not my favorite thing :)  I guess all those times I have quizzed Carson on the definition of patience will come in handy!!
     Carson on the other hand continues to grow so fast! He is very tall for his age and while hanging out with Papa the other day at Hydro Hose we discovered that he weighs 49 pounds! Last I knew he was about 44 pounds. He has begun to enjoy drawing much more than in the past. He is able to recognize most of his letters and knows quite a few letter sounds. He is also acquiring a list of scriptures he can quote. We are very excited about his willingness to memorize scripture!
     Bart had quite an exciting time last weekend. On Saturday night he and his good friend Scott "camped out" at the Buffalo Wild Wings that was scheduled to open Sunday morning. Why would he do this? The first 100 customers received free wings for a year. Bart just happened to be number 100! So it looks like we will be eating wings pretty often for the next year. Thankfully they have my preference, boneless wings, as well!
     We are all doing well. I am very excited I have made it to the gym four times this week! I have been enjoying the activity and the boys enjoy playing in the "Kid Zone"! I have also gotten on a reading kick over the past few weeks. I am enjoying a series by Terri Blackstock and have been staying up past my bedtime to get in some reading :) Hope all is well with each of you!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment