Tuesday, October 4, 2011

It's a phase, right?

   On Sunday nights instead of a normal service our church has small groups that meet in members' homes. Two or three weeks ago at our meeting we called all the children into the living room of the home we were meeting in and Collin comes out of the bedroom with no shirt. To top it off we can't even find his shirt. Of course all the other mothers just laughed. Then one day in the check-out line at Walmart the cashier informs me that he is trying to undress. For quite some time undressing has been the first thing he wants to do when we come home but I wasn't prepared for it to be done in public!! I've figured out as a mother I am constantly coming upon things I'm not prepared for!
    As I was talking with some other mothers from my MOPS group I declared that I think a major part of having children is learning how to navigate your way through the phases that they go through. Of course they are not all bad, but while you're in the middle of it they can be quite embarrassing! I guess as adults we go through phases as well so I shouldn't be too hard on the little guy. Plus the "phases" are passing by all too quickly! My boys are growing up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment